Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

2000 DINAN S2 BMW M5 (e39) - Owned by BeastPower

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BeastPower is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 2000 DINAN S2 BMW M5 (e39) - Owned by BeastPower

I have decided to sell my Model Year 2000 Dinan S2 BMW M5 (e39), as it has only been driven under 2,000 miles in the past 4 years, and is not seeing the use it should. We now have a 1987 M3 (e30) as a project car that we are in the process of renewing.
  • Price: UK£24,995.00 (UK Pounds)
This M5 was featured on the cover of the July 2004 issue of Total BMW Magazine in the UK. The buyer of the car will receive 2 new copies of the magazine.

About the Car:
My 2000 M5 (e39) has about 31,000 miles on it, no accidents, no bodywork repairs. The only paintwork has been to the front bumper cover which needed new paint after the StonGard clear protection film was remove. The car is a US specification LHD (Left Hand Drive).

The car is a daily driver, and is reliable, just like any M5 (e39) that I have seen and heard about from my experience. To me, my M5 is the perfect combination between daily driver and track car. Also, what is nice is that essentially all the engine modifications are by Dinan including the ECU software, so reliability is going to be strong where it counts most. This M5 was actually used by Dinan back in 2000 as their development car for a few months, because my friend got the M5 before Steve Dinan (the owner and founder of Dinan - www.dinancars.com). Thus I believe that many of the M5 (e39) products that Dinan sells today were actually developed on my car. Steve Dinan knows my car personally.
The car has pretty much everything, and only the best parts installed by the best people. I am a perfectionist at heart. There is always room to personalize things, and I can certainly help source parts for the the buyer of my car at extremely attractive pricing for as long as they own the car and for as long as I operate BeastPower (which will be forever if up to me).

It was purchased it new in California in early 2000 by a good friend that is well known on Internet forums as someone who is meticulous when modifying his cars (he just purchased a 2005 Porsche Carerra GT). I purchased the car from him in September 2002 and have owned it since then. In November 2003 I shipped the car from California to the UK, and had the car legalized for use in the UK. The only modification that was required was the activation of the rear fog-lights. The car is a US car that was originally sold in California and which I exported to the UK in November 2003, so the process of re-registering in the US is going to be immediate and you will be able to get a new title and registration. The car is now fully legal for use and ownership in both the US and the UK. It should be fine for all EU countries.

The car is heavily modified, with the total cost/value of the car plus mods (i.e. what the previous owner and myself put into it) is US$148,000. Here is a list of the mods:
Dinan Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intakes, Dinan High Flow Air Flow Meters, Dinan Tri-Y CARB-Certified Exhaust Headers, Dinan High Flow Throttle Bodies, Dinan High Flow Velocity Stacks, Dinan Stage 5 Engine Software, Dinan Front Strut Tower Brace, Dinan Rear Shock Tower Brace, Dinan Camber Plates, Dinan Rear Adjustable Swaybar, Dinan Light Weight Forged Performance Wheels, H&R 15mm Front Spacers, Dinan 3.45 Limited Slip Differential, V1 Radar Detector (built into roof headliner), Ai Design V1 Rear-View Mirror, Ai Design V1 Control Panel, TC Design Rear Sway Bar Brackets, Titanium Cavallino Titanium Pedals, Titanium Cavallino Titanium Shift Knob, AC Schnitzer Front Splitters, AC Schnitzer Rear Diffuser, AC Schnitzer Hand Brake Handle, AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, KW Coilover Suspension (variant 2), Tubi Style Cat-Back Exhaust (regular version), Brembo Front 14" 4-Piston Calipers & Cross-Drilled Rotors, Brembo Rear 13.6" 4-Piston Calipers & Cross-Drilled Rotors, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Hella European Front/Rear Clear Lights with Angel-Eye Upgrade, ATE Superblue Brake Fluid, Stealth Silver Indicator Bulbs, 6000K Xenon Upgrade (low beam and fog lights), RMS Short Shifter, OEM Brake Cooling Ducts, Front Recaro Sport Topline Leather Seats, Eclipse 55090 DVD Headunit, Eclipse VM7211 7" LCD Monitor, Eclipse 300W 5-Channel Amplifier, JL-Audio 10" Subwoofer Box, JBL Speakers (mids/highs), Focal 2-way Front Speakers, Eclipse 2-way Rear Speakers, SPA AFFF 6-Nozzle Electronic Fire System, Phoenix Gold Tantrum TLD22 Line Driver, iMob GPS/GSM Satellite Tracking System, Interior Roof-Mounted Micro Color Video Camera, 4-Point Custom Removable Powdercoated Chrom-Moly Roll-Bar, I/O Port Roll-Bar Mounted Video Camera Mount, 6-Point Sabelt 3" Harnesses.
The car has been taken to 4 track days in total. They are the following:
  • Buttonwillow 4/12/2002 (organized by Unlimited Laps)
  • Laguna Seca 5/18/2002 (organized by the Ferrari Club Pacific Region)
  • Thunderhill Park 7/26/2002 (organized by Unlimited Laps)
  • Laguna Seca 2/28/2003 (organized by Unlimited Laps)
The car has a Full Service History (FSH) and has been serviced by BMW dealers in the California, and by BIRDS in Uxbridge while in the UK. I have a significant amount of service history both from the US and UK. The car is in excellent condition. I am providing an extensive amount of information below, and I want the new owner to be 100% confident. When you look at the car in person, it looks almost like new. I just want the new owner to have as much information as possible. Here are the details:
  1. The airbag system is inactive due to the Recaro seats, but a knowledgeable Recaro installer should be able to rewire appropriately.
  2. The other thing that does not work is the tilt/telescoping steering wheel, as this is also dependant on the Recaro seats being rewired. If a new set of OEM seats is installed in place of the Recaro seats both the airbag system and the steering wheel tilt/telescoping will work. However, the Recaro's are special and in my opinion worth it to get them rewired. I simply did not have the time to attend to this.
  3. The Valentine One (V1) radar detector is installed in the headliner in front of the rear view mirror. In order to get it to fit in some metal was cut. The cuts are not visible once the V1 is installed. Also, the V1 is pushing down slightly on the cabin light.
  4. The leather side bolsters where the roll bar enter the back seat have a hole. I recommend having an upholsterer nicely trimming the hole around the roll bar rear posts for a cleaner look.
  5. The rubber grip in front of the armrest is worn. It is made of soft rubber, and can scratch easily.
  6. There is a small color video camera installed above the center rear seat which can be viewed on the dashboad monitor (this is nice if you have kids). The camera can easily be reversed or remounted so that you can view the exterior of the car (as a reverse camera).
  7. There is no navigation system, but an aftermarket one is an easy install if you want GPS.
  8. The car has a sophisticated global tracking and shut-down system built-in which allows the car to be turned off remotely by simply calling a number with your cell-phone. This is a UK system called iMOB, but you may be able to get it to work in the US.
  9. The control unit for the fire system in hidden under the gear shift boot. You may want to have it installed in an open position such as on the dash on inside the coin tray (next to the cigarette lighter).
  10. Under the car there is a mising plastic panel from under the Dinan headers. You can replace it if you are interested. I am not sure if this was purposely removed by Dinan when they installed the headers to make more room.
  11. The car is out of warranty, so no official dealer inspections have been done recently. Also the car was serviced to a very high level in the San Francisco Bay Area by BMW dealers from new until I exported it to the UK. I have all of the service records. These records can also be obtained from any BMW dealer in the US by providing them with the VIN number.
  12. The tires have approximately 4,000 miles on them, but since they are 5 years old, they may need to be changed (but this is certainly not required).
  13. The Dinan Headers, RMS SSK, rear Brembo BBK and Tubi Exhaust have been used for about 7,000 miles in total.
  14. The M5 has an almost perfect body, except for several minor rock-chips on the hood, some small scratches on the hood, some rubbing marks on one wing-mirror, a small scratch (1/8th of an inch next to the rear number plate), a small 1/4" inch scratch on the back of the trunk, a small crack in the right side of the front bumper (barely noticable and not worth touching in my opinion), and a small indentation under one side of a door-sill from one of the jacking points being pushed up about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. These are all extremely minor issues. You need to view the car in person to appreciate it.
  15. Since arriving in the UK, the car has been driven very little (maybe 2,000 miles, probably closer to 1,000 miles) from November 2003 to the present. I had the very reputable independent service center (Birds UK) do all the servicing, which was basically getting the car's rear fog-lights wired, which is required in the UK. They also installed wheel locking bolts, chased down and fixed an electrical power-drain that was due to a faulty heated seat module. I have all these service records too.
  16. The VANOS was replaced early on under warranty in the US. The power steering hose once caught fire, I believe due to being too close to the headers, and all that was need was a new hose; this was also fixed in the US.
  17. I have also had Birds UK change the oil twice, change many of the hoses, change the brake fluid, change a bunch of other fluids, change a valve cover gasket that was leaking a little, and some other small preventative maintenance things. I also installed a new battery about 3 years ago.
  18. Fluids were changed about 6 months ago, so that anyone buying it will have a fresh car.
  19. The interior is clean and there are no tears, except for one or two tiny nicks (1/4" in the plastic of the door trim pockets from where I removed the coil tray and ashtray).
  20. The DINAN trunk badge in the photos was stolen in London (there is a small scratch near where it was removed). Dinan should have no trouble sending you another one free of charge since this is an official S2 with serial number badge. I can help with this is necessary.
  21. The front hood emblem was stolen in London (and there is a scratch on the hood).
  22. The left rear tail-light has some condensation in it, so you may want to replace this, but it is not required.
Here are 4 links to the WAV sound files of the exhaust:
  • Exhaust 1: click HERE.
  • Exhaust 2: click HERE.
  • Exhaust 3: click HERE.
  • Exhaust 4: click HERE.
The car is currently located in a professional indoor car-storage facility south of London, UK (near Gatwick airport), where the M5 is started every month and is very well cared for by a professional company. I am willing to arrange for shipment worldwide (at buyer's expense). Payment for the vehicle is only by bank wire transfer to either our US or UK bank account.

If interested, please contact us for futher information and to arrange a viewing. Only serious pre-qualified buyers will be allowed to see the car, and only those 99.9% sure they are buying will be allowed to drive it:
BeastPower Motorsports, Inc. (Headquarters)
800 West El Camino Real, Suite 180
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Tel: +1-650-557-2220
Tel: +1-877-977-2220 (toll-free)
Fax: +1-877-977-32230 (toll-free)
E-mail: sales@beastpower.com
Web Site: www.beastpower.com
Photos:

Cheers, Daniel.

Last edited by BeastPower; 05-26-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 PM
pak
Teamspeed Member
pak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the rough
Wow. Your car looks amazing! Good luck w/ the sale.

pak

Old 07-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks. I am shipping the car to the US. It should be in PA and available for viewing in about 6 weeks.

Cheers, Daniel.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
FredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond reputeFredSF has a reputation beyond repute
Great car indeed

More articles on this car before BeastPower did even more improvements!!

2000 BMW M5 - Featured Custom Vehicles - Euro Tuner Magazine

Good luck with the sale Daniel!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by FredCGT
Great car indeed

More articles on this car before BeastPower did even more improvements!!

2000 BMW M5 - Featured Custom Vehicles - Euro Tuner Magazine

Good luck with the sale Daniel!!!
Thanks Fred. Congrats on the CGT.

Cheers, Daniel.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
sweetsound2001 is on a distinguished roadsweetsound2001 is on a distinguished roadsweetsound2001 is on a distinguished roadsweetsound2001 is on a distinguished roadsweetsound2001 is on a distinguished roadsweetsound2001 is on a distinguished road
So I guess Fred is the old owner of this beauty? Thanks Fred...she's very nice. Wait till you see what she has coming (hint...Morel...PPI...and then some)

Old 09-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by sweetsound2001
So I guess Fred is the old owner of this beauty? Thanks Fred...she's very nice. Wait till you see what she has coming (hint...Morel...PPI...and then some)
Anton, I hope that you enjoy the M5. It is a very special beast that I have many fond memories of, so take good care of her, and let me know if you ever decide to sell.

Cheers, Daniel.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Pokie is on a distinguished roadPokie is on a distinguished roadPokie is on a distinguished roadPokie is on a distinguished roadPokie is on a distinguished roadPokie is on a distinguished road
An example of beauty and beast (power)!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned
comnetca has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Nice M5